Wrap your neck in lush alpaca. This cowl, written to be worked on circular needles in the round, can easily be knit using dpns or magic loop. The length of the cowl can be easily customized by adding/removing stitch repeats.
Prefer to purchase this pattern via Patternfish? Click here.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Yarn: 109 yards/100 meters of alpaca or alpaca / merino blend bulky weight yarn that knits up to 3.5-4 sts/inch.
Finished Size (blocked): 22”/55.88 cm circumference by 10.5”/26.67 cm wide
Other Possible Yarns:
- Mirasol Yarn ‘Sulka’, (55 yards/50 meters; 60% merino, 20% alpaca, 20% silk; 1.76 oz/50 grams per skein).
- Cascade Yarns ‘Baby Alpaca Chunky’, (108 yards/99 meters; 100% alpaca; 3.53 oz/100 grams per skein).
- Classic Elite Yarns ‘MountainTop Chalet’, (98 yards/90 meters; 70% alpaca, 30% bamboo; 1.76 oz/50 grams per skein).
- Blue Sky Alpaca ‘TECHNO’, (120 yards/110 meters; 68% alpaca, 22% silk, 10% merino; 1.76 oz/50 grams per skein).
- Araucania ‘Liwen’, (118 yards/108 meters; 50% alpaca, 50% wool; 3.53 oz/100 grams per skein).
- Stitch markers (10, with one marker in a different colour to mark the beginning of round)
- Tapestry needle
- Glow line tape (to mark current row on chart/instructions – optional)
- Blocking wires and pins
- Increasing and decreasing
- Following charts
Pattern is 5 pages.
Photographer: Shawn Miller, Distractions in Focus
Tech Editor: Jenn Wisbeck
Hard (paper) copies of this pattern can be ordered from Shall We Knit?
Once payment has been received, you will receive a link to download a PDF of this pattern.