This unisex scarf is the perfect beginner project. Comprised of only knit and purl stitches, the scarf is reversible and, depending on the yarn choice, can be made for any season.
Prefer to purchase this pattern via Patternfish? Click here.
Skill Level: Beginner
Yarn: 436 yards/399 meters of DK weight yarn that knits up to 5.25 sts/inch.
Shown In: Lang Yarns ‘Seta Tweed’, (109 yards/100 meters; 75% silk, 25% cotton; 0.88 oz/25 grams per skein). 4 skeins in 0099 Granite.
Needle: 1 US #6/4 mm circular needle, 16”/40 cm or size to obtain gauge.
Finished Size (stretched and blocked): 8”/20.32 cm wide by 76”/ 193.04 cm long
Other Possible Yarns:
- Elsebeth Lavold ‘Silky Wool’, (192 yards/176 meters; 45% wool, 35% silk; 20% nylon; 1.76 oz/50 grams per skein).
- Misti Alpaca ‘Tonos Pima Silk’, (327 yards/299 meters; 83% cotton, 17% silk; 3.53 oz/100 grams per skein).
- Rowan ‘Purelife Revive’, (137 yards/125 meters; 36% silk, 36% cotton, 28% rayon; 1.76 oz/50 grams per skein).
- Handmaiden Fine Yarn ‘Flaxen’, (274 yards/251 meters; 65% linen, 35% silk; 3.53 oz/100 grams per skein).
- Stitch markers (2)
- Glow line tape (to mark current row on charts/instructions)
- Fine cotton thread in contrasting colour for life-lines
- Tapestry needle
- Blocking wires and Tpins
- Following charts
Pattern is 4 pages.
Photographer: Shawn Miller, Distractions in Focus
Tech Editor: Jenn Wisbeck
Hard (paper) copies of this pattern may be available from your local yarn shop. Please contact them for more details.
Once payment has been received, you will receive a link to download a PDF of this pattern.